Monday, September 10, 2012

Explaining this Year's Buwan ng Wika: Tatag ng Wikang Filipino, Lakas ng Pagka-pilipino


      When I found out that this year’s theme on the Buwan ng Wika was “Tatag ng Wikang Filipino, Lakas ng Pagka-pilipino,” I was like, “HUH???” At first, I had some trouble absorbing what the phrase meant, and after about 30 minutes of thinking about it, without any luck, I gave up on trying to analyse what thoughts it tried to portray.
       A few days went by and I had forgotten all about our Buwan ng Wika. I was coasting off of August in a breeze. Then I finally got bored and the question struck me again, “What had our theme this year meant?” So I began researching and I found out a lot.
     We all know that every country’s treasure is their language… more of that stuff… blah blah blah. But let’s try to translate the theme literally – The Strength of the Filipino Language, The Power of the Filipino Race; makes much more sense, right? I think that the phrase speaks for itself now, and let me remind you, this is a perspective short after all. So think for yourself.
---perspective out J

                

No comments:

Post a Comment